Introverts are a special breed of people. Often though, they don’t really enjoy being around groups of people, especially if there’s a lot of small talk. Here are 21 engaging questions to ask an introvert.
- What’s the latest book you’ve read?
- What’s your pet’s name?
- What do you think the meaning of life is?
- What’s your personality type?
- What do you think the ratio of introverts to extroverts is here?
- Is it alright if I talk to you?
- When’s the last time you got to have really peaceful “me-time”?
- What’s the meaning behind your name?
- If you could fix one thing in the world today, what would it be?
- What do you think about that? (in a group conversation)
- What’s on your mind?
- What’s your dream travel destination?
- What’s your favorite part of the work-day?
- What are your goals for the future?
- Who do you admire?
- How do you express yourself creatively?
- Describe your perfect day.
- What’s a little known fact about you?
- Are you more like your mom or your dad?
- Star Wars or Star Trek?
- If a genie gave you three wishes, what would they be?
Not all of these engaging questions will interest every introvert but the idea is to go beyond the shallow end of small talk and connect on a deeper level. A word to the wise, be hyper aware the entire conversation whether or not they are ready to be done talking.
Let me know what you think of this list, and add your own in the comments!